Dr Raju P Khubchandani
Dr. Raju P. Khubchandani is a Senior Consultant in Pediatrics and Sectional Head Pediatric Rheumatology at the SRCC Childrens Hospital and also a Consultant at Mumbai’s Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, and Breach Candy Hospital.
His private clinic is in south Mumbai and he has been in private practice since 1983.
Dr Khubchandani’s major area of interest and specialization since 2002 has been pediatric rheumatology and he has cared for over four thousand children with musculoskeletal diseases.
Dr Khubchandani maintains a keen interest in childhood asthma and respiratory / lung diseases such as cystic fibrosis and such children are seen as a part of his general pediatric consultations.
Career highlights include
- MD Pediatrics (Bombay University) 1981
- Visiting Professor La Rabida Childrens Hospital Chicago
- Visiting Fellow Hospital for Sick Children Great Ormond Street London
- International Consensus Group for diagnostic criteria for vasculitis (Ankara Turkey 2008), Macrophage Activation Syndrome (Genoa 2013), nomenclature and classification of JIA (Genoa 2015), outcome measures in cSLE (Cincinnati 2017), management of Juvenile arthritis in less resourced countries (Johannesburg 2017)
- research papers and publications (see list) https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0294-119X
- Co Author Pediatrics: Priorities in Office Practice- (co-authored with Dr YK Amdekar), Childhood Asthma: A Modern Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment and Dr RK Anands Guide to Child Care (2nd edition-in preparation)
- National Coordinator PRINTO (Pediatric Rheumatology International Trials Organization) till Dec 2016
- Convenor Kawasaki Disease Registry and Cystic Fibrosis Registry Mumbai IAP
- Recognized guide for DNB Pediatrics
- Post doctoral teacher in pediatric rheumatology (IAP-SRCC Pediatric Rheumatology Fellowship)
- Past President Indian Academy of Pediatrics Respiratory Chapter and Rheumatology Chapter
Other milestones and interests:
- Several orations and awards at national and state level
- Invited speaker and teacher at international, national and state conferences and seminars.
- Has convened and pioneered several innovative teaching formats in print, as seminars and on the web.
- Medical writing for lay persons.
- Serves as managing committee member to SRCC trust which runs SRCC Hospital.